Headaches or migraines are just no fun. They are common and often recurring problems. They can range from mild to debilitating. No matter how severe they are, they can make you feel miserable. Migraines can be some of the most debilitating of headaches.
Symptoms include pounding or throbbing pain behind the eyes at the back of the head or on one side, nausea, vomiting, extreme sensitivity to light or sound, dizziness, and tightening of neck muscles. Some people may have warning symptoms like flashing lights, blind spots, or tingling in the face, arm, or leg. Untreated, they can last from hours to days.
What Causes Migraines?
Migraines are a common condition that can be caused by numerous factors. They usually result from the release of chemicals in the brain. Some of the leading causes of migraine are:
- Lack of sleep
- Head injuries
- Genetic predisposition
- Hormonal changes
Most people use over-the-counter medications to treat headaches or migraines, and while they may ease the pain, they come with side effects, such as:
- Dizziness or blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Mood changes
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Bleeding from the nose or gums
- Nausea or vomiting
- Kidney failure
- In some cases, stroke
Treating Migraines With Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care can help with migraine relief based on the idea that the body is in a state of health when there is no pain or discomfort. The chiropractor starts by assessing the patient\’s condition and then uses a variety of techniques to relieve pain. Gentle touch in some cases. To provide relief from migraines, chiropractors care to use several techniques:
- Spinal adjustment – This technique involves applying pressure to specific areas of the spine at particular points and the other regions of the spine at different points. This helps relax muscles and joints, which leads to pain relief and improved overall function.
- Joint manipulation – A chiropractor manipulates the joints and muscles around the head to relieve pain in the head and neck associated with migraine.
- Massage therapy – A chiropractor uses massage therapy to help alleviate muscle pain, tension, and spasms that cause migraines. This is done by using light pressure on the shoulders, neck, and back area.
- Traction therapy – A chiropractor uses traction therapy to help alleviate muscle pain, tension, and spasms that cause migraines. This is done using a table with two metal bars on either side of the patient’s spine for about 10 minutes per day for 3-4 days in a row.
- Electrotherapy stimulation – Involves placing electrodes on the patient’s head and neck. This can be done for several reasons, including pain relief, muscle relaxation, or improving blood flow to the brain.
Chiropractic care is one of the best methods to manage migraines and overall pain management.
It has been shown that chiropractic care can help patients with a wide range of health problems like headaches, asthma, back pain, neck pain, fibromyalgia, and lower back pain. Chiropractors are also trained in a variety of techniques that will help your body heal itself from the inside out.
Chiropractic treatments can be used to manage migraines and over-pain management. It is an effective treatment for chronic headaches and other chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia.
How We Can Help You Manage Your Pain
At Pure Health and Wellness, we offer chiropractic care that may be an effective treatment for migraines and headaches, depending on your evaluation. We offer a variety of different treatments, including acupuncture, massage therapy, nutrition counseling, and meditation.
Dr. Justin at Pure Health and Wellness aims to make sure their patients feel better faster by focusing on the body\’s natural healing abilities. Our clinic offers a wide range of treatments for people of all ages also to help naturally deal with physical pain or discomfort.
Contact us if you want to find out more about how Pure Health and Wellness can help you.